- Members wishing to complete the training course to obtain Dedicated Sport Shooter Status can contact the senior training officer at their branch to arrange enrolment in the training course.
- Member must successfully complete the training course for Dedicated Sport Shooter Status.
- The training officer at each branch will submit the examination results and the applicant’s signed application form to the national office that will issue Dedicated Sport Shooter Status.
- By signing the application form, the member undertakes to comply with the minimum requirements of the Act and to meet SA Hunters’ activity obligations towards maintaining Dedicated Sport Shooter Status.
- The member will be informed by SMS that he/she obtained Dedicated Sport Shooter Status and may download and print the certificate from the online member administration system.
- The course fee is determined by the branch and includes the training manual, badge, registration and the Dedicated Sport Shooter Status Certificate.
- SA Hunters recognises Dedicated Sport Shooter Status issued by accredited associations, provided that the member’s membership fee of that association is fully paid up and that SA Hunters acknowledges the training provided by such association. The member must submit the completed SA Hunters’ application form for Dedicated Sport Shooter Status, accompanied by his/her proof of membership of the accredited association, a copy of the certificate of Dedicated Sport Shooter Status, and proof of payment of the once-off administration fee of R200 to email@example.com SA Hunters will process the application and issue the Dedicated Sport Shooter Status Certificate.
- Persons that obtained Dedicated Sport Shooter Status from an association whose training is not acknowledged by SA Hunters, must complete the prescribed examination for Dedicated Sport Shooter Status (recognition of prior learning) to meet the requirements of SA Hunters. Writing the examination is free, but an administration fee of R200 is payable for the issuing of Dedicated Sport Shooter Status.
- The applicant’s membership fee with SA Hunters must be paid in full before Dedicated Sport Shooter Status will be issued.
- Members that are 70 years and older qualify automatically for Dedicated Sport Shooter Status and do not need to complete the training course. The once-off administration fee of R200 must be paid before the Dedicated Sport Shooter Status certificate will be issued. Members can complete the application form for Dedicated Sport Shooter Status and submit it together with the proof of payment of the R200 administration fee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for maintaining Dedicated Sport Shooter Status
The Firearms Control Act compels accredited associations to have a system in place to issue and manage dedicated status. SA Hunters requires members to submit activity reports annually by 31 October towards maintaining Dedicated Sport Shooter Status. Members that neglect to register activities fail to meet the provisions of the Act, which will result in the cancellation of their Dedicated Sport Shooter Status.
- Dedicated Sport Shooters must participate in any three shooting activities every year to maintain Dedicated Sport Shooter Status. This includes the official SA Hunters shooting activities (branch and regional shooting days); a shooting activity at another accredited association; and a shooting exercise at a shooting range where shottists are required to sign a register before they shoot.
- Attendance of official activities of SA Hunters, i.e. branch meetings, branch shooting days and other official Branch or shooting events are recorded on the Branch’s tablet and added to the member’s records.
- It is the sole responsibility of the member to add information about his/her participation in all other non-SA Hunters shooting activities on the online administration system for inclusion in the obligatory annual activity report.
- The activity’s must be reported before 31 October of each year.
Dedicated Status Documents
Application for Dedicted Hunter or Sport Shooter Status SAHGCA
Dedicated Status Activity Report 2015
Dedicated Status Non-Activity Report 2015