- They will send the forms to be filled out. If you do not receive a response, call Violet on 063 6952 107 or Adam on 064 880 2044.
- Once you have submitted the forms and sent proof of payment, you should receive a reference number. If not received within 10 working days, call and follow up.
- Gauteng Nature Conservation will then arrange for an inspection.
- Preferably do not remove any animals, including turtles, from their natural habitat.
- If someone has a turtle that they do not want, do not let them go into the field. They may be from another area or have parasites that may infect wild turtles. Contact the nearest nature conservation office for more information.
- In Gauteng, turtles can be taken to the below Slang Park in Rooihuiskraal. Contact Henke Marais Cell: 083 650 3481 - Mondays and Wednesdays. See http://www.tshwane.gov.za/sites/tourism/Resorts/Pages/Rooihuiskraal-Reptile-and-indigenous-bird.aspx
- If you want to keep a turtle, you must have a permit from the local authority