Tinyarhi Conservation Projects (Tinyarhi) is the conservation vehicle for SA Hunters and Game Conservation Association, which was founded in 1949 and has approximately 37, 000 members nationally represented in 73 branches all over South Africa. Tinyarhi is registered with SARS as a Section 18A(1)(a) Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) with registration number 930035936, and is authorised to issue all donors with tax deduction certificates in terms of Section 56(1)h of the Act for relevant donations as described in Section 18A of the Income Tax Act. Tinyarhi is also a Department of Social Development registered non-profit association with registration number, 071-086-NPO and is authorised to issue BBBEE points certificates to donors who do not want to undertake their own socio-economic development projects in terms of BBBEE legislation.
To initiate, plan, facilitate and implement initiatives focussed on:
- Biodiversity conservation;
- Responsible utilisation of renewable natural resources;
- Community-based Natural Resource Management Programmes; and
- Biodiversity education programmes.
- National conservation programmes with smaller projects.
- Conservation projects that are managed for Tinyarhi by SA Hunters and Game Conservation Association’s 73 branches countrywide.
- True Green Conservation Initiative.
- The Rhinos Alive campaign.
Specific focus areas
- Biodiversity under utilisation pressure;
- Huntable game species and their habitats;
- Interdependancy between conservation and responsible utilisation of biodiversity; and
- Sustainable Biodiversity Economy.